When we found out we were pregnant and then once we had Caitrin, we admit that we were a little tired of the comments about how "it goes so fast" or "she'll be all grown up before you know it." But here we are, 14 months later, and we're just beginning to understand how fast time really does go when you have kids. In the midst of Christmas in Gulf Breeze, FOCUS National Conference in Orlando and fundraising in Tampa... we didn't even have time to take 1-year pictures of Caitrin. Above are a few pictures of her around 13 months and she's changed even since then. She can now wear her hair in somewhat of a ponytail and she has gotten four molars.
Just this morning I was reminded of what true love is... and particularly what it means to love as a parent. In one of Andrew Peterson's songs, he says, "Now, love is not a feeling in your chest. It is bending down to wash another’s feet." Of course, our version might say something like, "...washing dishes, changing diapers, doing laundry, waking up in the middle of the night..." But what a blessing it is to choose to love this little girl. What joy!
Check back soon as I fully intend on telling you about Bible Study dinner tomorrow night. We will be hosting several young, college guys at our house for a meal that will be both delicious and ridiculously high in calories. It should be a hit.
2 comments:
Oh my! She is so adorable - I just love her curly little hair:)
I love the new pics! What a cutie! I can't wait to see all of you again.
...is that a Thirsties duo wrap?
Give Miss C. a squeeze for me.
Post a Comment