Prayer requests:

Prayer Requests: *Our family *Students, staff & Monks of Belmont Abbey *Deacon Jimmy *Our engaged/recently married friends/family: Steve & Bonnie, Ryan & Mary Liz, Tom & Therese, Brad & Caroline, Michael & Sarah, William & Laura *FOCUS missionaries *Pope Benedict XVI *Lauren C. *Christopher E. *Our "adopted" daughter in Rwanda: Josephine *All expecting mothers

10.13.2008

Time FLIES!

It's hard to believe that about a year ago this time we were still adjusting to life in Colorado.  My mom (aka Gmama) came to visit us all in Colorado and we were able to go the the pumpkin patch with Audrey.  I look at this picture and can't believe how much she has grown. Of course just the next month (Nov. 30, 2007) we welcomed our nephew Andrew into the world and now we're expecting a child of our own.  As I reflect on the past year it is a beautiful reminder of how quick the days pass and is an inspiration to make the best of each day.

Life on campus is flying by as we welcome the fall weather and changing of the leaves here in North Carolina. We feel really blessed to live somewhere with four seasons again (something both Tom and I did not experience much growing up in Florida).  Both of our Bible studies are going really well and we're consistently in awe of how much we are learning from the students we are blessed to work with.  

Speaking of changing seasons... this past week Tom was able to fly to Colorado for a few days with some of his buddies who work for Fraternus.  (See fraternus.net)  I will leave the details about Tom's work with Fraternus for another post from him, but it is an amazing organization for young boys. Please check out the site and please pray for these guys as they continue to work and pray so diligently for the young men of our Church and our culture.  Thomas Van Horn, Justin & Angela Biance and Tom spent a few days in Durango (southwestern Colorado) and on top of work meetings were able to sneak in a few side trips (see photos to the right).  

Though I am happy to post several new pictures, I do apologize that I do not have any of my growing belly, yet.  I know several of you have been asking and I do promise that we will try to get some up soon. 

We hope to hear from you when you have time! Please feel free to email us whenever possible: bmacalester@yahoo.com or pmacalester@gmail.com

And for those of you who have recently asked: we are registered at Babies-R-Us and www.abbyslane.com

No comments: